The Strathroy Hometown Festival has been a staple in the Strathroy Community for over 40 years. We pride ourselves on community involvement, participation, partnerships and a ton of fun. We would like to welcome all of you back to our 2023 Strathroy Hometown Festival from June 16-18, 2023.
We are so happy to bring back the 3-day festival to our community and remember, planning is currently underway so that means our website will continue to change. Keep an eye on our website and social media pages for news and updates for our Festival this June.
We appreciate all the support and patience shown by the community and our supporters and we look forward to yet another wonderful weekend in June at Strathroy's Alexandra Park.
SAVE THE DATE – 2023 Strathroy Hometown Festival June 16-18
Thank you and stay safe,
Strathroy Hometown Festival Committee
Shari Terwilligar - Chairperson
Chris Soares - Past Chair
Karaoke Idol Competitors
Rides to Experience
The 2023 Strathroy Hometown Festival is proud to welcome back to Strathroy, Horse and Carriage Tours courtesy of our friends at Humes Carriage Rides in Watford. They will be at the festival Saturday June 17th with rides starting at the former Lions Pool site parking lot in Alexandra Park. Proudly. Take a nice relaxing tour of our downtown plus more while you're at the Festival.
14th Annual FREE Bike Rodeo
Farmers and Artisan Market
The festival kicks off in a big way with hundreds of different vintage automobiles all through downtown Strathroy from 4-9pm June 16th. A perfect night for the car enthusiast. This year's show will be bigger and better as it extends all the way down Front Street to the Shops on Sydenham. Opening Ceremonies for the festival happens at 6pm in downtown Strathroy.
Register 6pm, Start time 7pm - 9pm
All at the Duke on Sydenham
1) Entrants must be 18 years or older to compete in the Senior Idol Competition. THERE WILL BE A CUT IN SINGLES COMPETITION AFTER THE FIRST SONG DURING THE SUNDAY FINALS.
2) Singles category allowed ONLY
3) NO BURNT CD’S ARE ALLOWED - you must select a song from provided library
4) If the chosen song skips, the host will try again, only once. If it continues to skip, entrants will have the option of choosing a different song to sing.
5) Entrants will be judged on singing ability, stage presence and crowd appreciation
6) Entrants must remain until the judges have announced their decisions. If entrant is not present, the entrant placing directly below them in points will qualify instead. Absent entrants may re-enter at next available qualifying show.
7) At the discretion of the judges, a number of contestants will be selected from each qualifying night to go on to the Semi-Finals at the Strathroy Hometown Festival starting at 1 pm on the Saturday of the festival on the main stage.
8) If you do not qualify the first time, you may re-enter at any of the other available qualifying shows until you do qualify.
9) there are NO instruments allowed
10) JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL. Remember, although this is a competition it is designed to be a fun event with no entry fee. The judges have volunteered their time to participate.
11) Contestants are encouraged to bring as many family, friends, and fan to the qualifying rounds as well as the finals’. Crowd appreciation is part of the scoring.
12) This is a family friendly contest – no foul language or questionable lyrics. Deductions in scoring will occur if such things happen.
13) This contest is for individuals only. No groups.
14) Costuming is strongly recommended
15) HAVE FUN
Our downtown market is filled with farmers, baked goods, jams & jellies, honey, maple syrup and amazing artisans!