June 14-16, 2019
If you are interested in being a part of the festival in 2019 as a volunteer or sponsor in some capacity please email us at email@example.com. We look forward to a great event in 2019 so mark the date June 14-16 for the 42nd annual Strathroy Hometown Festival
Karaoke Idol Competitors
Rides to Experience
The 2019 Strathroy Hometown Festival is proud to welcome back Strathroy Horse and Carriage Tours courtesy of our friends at Humes Carriage Rides in Watford. They will be at the festival Saturday June 15th with rides starting at the former Lions Pool site parking lot in Alexandra Park. Proudly Sponsored by the Strathroy BIA and free rides for all. Take a nice relaxing tour of our downtown plus more while you're at the Festival.
13th Annual FREE Bike Rodeo
Farmers and Artisan Market
Welcome Home Night
The Misfit Toys, LSD, General Lee and our Headliner, none other than Alvinston's Mudmen.
Main Stage Lineup
Shuffleplay opens up the night for Basement Bound and Headliner Defbombs
Teams must register ahead of time with David Berdan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for YFC road hockey tournament rules
Click here for YFC road hockey tournament waiver
Click here for full details
This year's Strathroy Hometown Festival presented by Ricco Cash and Carry continues to raise the bar to bring our wonderful community a great weekend coming up June 14-16. But we are also a Festival run by a Community Committee and giving back to the community is what we are about across the board.
With that said we are very pleased to announce we will be selecting our 2019 Charity of Choice for this year's Festival coming up in the next little while. We would like to thank our 2018 Charity of Choice VON who is such an important and needed organization within our community. Stay tuned for this year's announcement.
A GREAT Partnership... A GREAT way to give back to our community...
Strathroy's Hometown Festival June 14-16... WELCOME HOME!
We are delighted to share that we have confirmed the RBC Special Events bus is returning to the Festival Saturday June 15th in the afternoon along with RBC Olympian Korey Jarvis and also a little fun with the life-size RBC Plinko game for everyone to play!
Click here to read more about Korey’s story.
Just Northwest of Strathroy, there is a quaint little remote control airplane club called the Strathroy Flying Farmers established in the early 1990’s and it became a Model Aeronautics Association of Canada (MAAC) sanctioned club in 1999. The club has two flying areas, the first one, a triangle shaped flying field located 10km Northwest of Strathroy, the second one is a float flying area in a tranquil open man made pond at the Parkhill Conservation Area established in 2011.
The Strathroy Hometown Festival is very proud to welcome for the very first time... Falconer Mike Shore and his birds of prey who deliver a high-flying experience to audiences of all ages. Mike speaks about the art of falconry, the adaptations of each species, and the unique personalities of his working birds - then it's your turn to wear the falconry glove and hold Emmylou, the Harris Hawk, plus a few more friends she will bring with her.
Register 6pm, Start time 7pm - 9pm
All at the Duke on Sydenham
1) Entrants must be 18 years or older to compete in the Senior Idol Competition
2) You ARE allowed to compete in BOTH the singles and duets categories
3) NO BURNT CD’S ARE ALLOWED - you must select a song from provided library
4) If the chosen song skips, the host will try again, only once. If it continues to skip, entrants will have the option of choosing a different song to sing.
5) Entrants will be judged on singing ability, stage presence and crowd appreciation
6) Entrants must remain until the judges have announced their decisions. If entrant is not present, the entrant placing directly below them in points will qualify instead. Absent entrants may re-enter at next available qualifying show.
7) At the discretion of the judges, a number of contestants will be selected from each qualifying night to go on to the Semi-Finals at the Strathroy Hometown Festival starting at 1 pm on the Saturday of the festival on the main stage.
8) If you do not qualify the first time, you may re-enter at any of the other available qualifying shows until you do qualify.
9) there are NO instruments allowed
10) JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL. Remember, although this is a competition it is designed to be a fun event with no entry fee. The judges have volunteered their time to participate.
11) Contestants are encouraged to bring as many family, friends, and fan to the qualifying rounds as well as the finals’. Crowd appreciation is part of the scoring.
12) This is a family friendly contest – no foul language or questionable lyrics. Deductions in scoring will occur if such things happen.
13) This contest is for individuals AND Duets only. No groups.
14) Costuming is strongly recommended
15) HAVE FUN
Pick up your all you can ride bracelets at Shoppers Drug Mart, Strathroy Seniors Centre, and Giant Tiger.
Bracelets will be available for purchase in the park June 14, 15 and 16, 2019 for $36 each.
Our downtown market is filled with farmers, baked goods, jams & jellies, honey, maple syrup and amazing artisans!